Sunny Slopes Waterline Project
October 28, 2014
Dear Residents of the Sunny Slopes Subdivision:
I am pleased to announce that legislation has been passed allowing for the waiver of residential water tap-in fees for the Sunny Slopes Subdivision. Specifically, the One Thousand Five Hundred Dollar ($1,500.00) fee charged for connecting into the waterline has been waived. To take advantage of this fee waiver you must elect to tap-in within one hundred eighty (180) days from the date of completion of the Sunny Slopes Waterline Project. Therefore, if you fail to connect into the waterline within the above timeframe, then you will be charged the full tap-in fee of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00).
The information below outlines the necessary steps to take advantage of the residential water tap-in fee waiver before it expires and to initiate the process of installing your water line from the tap to your home.
1) First, fill out an “Application for Water Connection” and return it to the Water and Service Department located at 2094 S.R. 303. Along with this application you must submit cash or check in the amount of $265.43 made out to the “City of Streetsboro.” This fee is separate from the waived tap-in fee and strictly covers the cost of your water meter, remote connection, and the plumbing inspection for your installation.
2) Additionally, you must fill out and enter into a “Service Contract” for City water. The service contract outlines your rights and obligations with respect to purchasing water from the City.
3) All residents are responsible for making arrangements to perform the water tap-in and connection to their home. As with other home maintenance and construction projects, contractors must be registered to do work in the City. For your convenience, the City keeps a list of registered excavators and plumbers. Alternatively, you may elect to do the work yourself. Please note, however, that in either event you will still need to schedule a plumbing inspection to ensure proper installation.
4) Thereafter, the contractor (or the homeowner- if doing a self-installation) shall call the Water Department at (330) 626-2856 to schedule a ditch inspection and water release. Please note that this call must be made at least 24-hours in advance of the planned date of water line tap-in.
5) Additionally, please follow the “Waterline Installation Rules.” These rules must be complied with and will help guide you in the process of connecting to City water.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact John Kuklisin, our Water Superintendent, at (330) 626-2856.
And, finally, I want to thank everyone for their patience during the construction phase of the Sunny Slopes Waterline Project and for calling our great City home!
Mayor Glenn M. Broska